BOARD of DIRECTORS SPECIAL MEETING
October 10, 2018, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless opposition is presented, in which case the contested item will be considered, discussed, and action will possibly be taken separately:
A. Approve September 10, 2018 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Approve September 28, 2018 ERHWSC Special Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
C. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited August 31, 2018 Financial Statement.
D. Approve payment of September 2018 invoices.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees to include payment plans. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to irrigation districts within ERHWSC’s service area.
B. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
5. Discuss and take possible action on item 4.A. - 4.B.
6. Discuss and take possible action on resolution to enter into a Non-Standard Development Water Service Investigation Agreement with Palmas Wind, LLC and Elliott Roberts Ranches, Inc.
7. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to Cameron County Irrigation District Number 6 crossing permit for the waterline on Iowa Gardens Rd. west of FM 803 to provide water service to Los Jardines Subdivision.
8. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to Assignment of Easement and Partial Assignment of Easement and Bill of Sale from East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation to Harlingen Waterworks System, for assets and easements pertaining to the Harlingen Waterworks System Interconnect.
9. Discuss and take possible action on ERHWSC system infrastructure development for Old Home Place Subdivision.
10. Discuss and take possible action on Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application through Cameron County Commissioners’ Court for funding for first-time water connections on Godwin and Tovar Roads.
11. Discuss and take possible action on approval of proposed exchange of service area between ERHWSC and Military Highway Water Supply Corporation.
12. Discuss and take possible action on endorsement of proposed bylaw amendment regarding the number of director positions on the East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation Board of Directors.
13. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. El Toro, LLC nonstandard water service;
B. Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project;
C. Wastewater Phase II Project;
D. Office Desk and Flooring Project;
E. CoBank's Sharing Success;
F. Rio Hondo Independent School District nonstandard wastewater service;
G. North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation Well #2;
H. Kamstrup Meter Conversion;
I. Texas Rural Water Association testimony at House Natural Resource Committee Hearing, 9-27-2018;
J. Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant Filter Backwash Rehabilitation Project;
K. North Alamo Water Supply Corporation Groundbreaking Ceremony 10-11-18.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 2:35 P.M., 10-05-2018.