BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
June 17, 2019, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve May 13, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited April 30, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of May 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to irrigation districts within ERHWSC’s service area.
B. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against ERHWSC as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
C. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
D. Potential Acquisition of Right of Way Easement for property described in Volume 18538, Page 191, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
E. Requirement for Rio Hondo ISD to add ERHWSC as an additional insured on all liability insurance policies as required by the Waterline Access Agreement.
F. Discuss and take possible action regarding failure to transfer of Membership #B1115.
G. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
5. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for water treatment plant sludge.
6. Discuss and take possible action on items 4. & 5.
7. Discuss and take possible action on mileage reimbursement payment for ERHWSC President Robert E. Middleton, Jr.
8. Discuss and take possible action on installment plan request by Casa Paredes, L.P.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed amendment to Waterline Access Agreement pertaining to the expansion of Casa Paredes, L.P.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Task Order No. 1100 to Master Agreement for Engineering and Architectural Services with Hanson Professional Services Inc. regarding reinstallation of booster pump, electrical, and SCADA at the Arroyo City Water Tower site.
11. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Task Order No. 1200 to Master Agreement for Engineering and Architectural Services with Hanson Professional Services Inc. regarding relocation of the waterline on the intersection of FM 106 and FM 2925 due to the expansion of the South Texas Electric Cooperative substation.
12. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Amendment No. 1 to the Uniform Subdivision Non-standard Water Service Agreement for Old Home Place Subdivision.
13. Discuss and take possible action to approve revisions to the ERHWSC Water Conservation Plan and the ERHWSC Emergency Water Demand Management Plan.
14. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project and change order for remaining funds;
B. Ferris, Flinn, & Medina, LLC, record production status;
C. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
D. Military Highway WSC CCN exchange;
E. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
F. Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project, Change Order #3 status, and engineering invoices;
G. Palmas Wind, LLC water service investigation status;
H. SCADA Upgrade;
I. MASWTP Filter Improvements Project status;
J. San Roman Rd. waterline extension;
K. Cameron County Housing Authority request for fire flow upgrades to Las Palmas Housing Development;
L. Wholesale Water Treatment and Delivery Contract for Port Isabel Detention Center;
M. Relocation of water meter and waterline for Membership #G-6328;
N. Employment of SCADA Technician.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 5:15 P.M., 06-14-2019.