BOARD of DIRECTORS MEETING
March 11, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve February 18, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited January 31, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of February 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
B. Irrigation district exclusion requirement Uniform Subdivision Nonstandard Water Service Agreement for Villa De Leonor Subdivision.
C. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
5. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for water treatment plant sludge.
6. Discuss and take possible action on items 4 & 5.
7. Review of the draft 2018 Financial Statements and discuss and take possible action to appoint a finance committee for 2017/2018 Audit.
8. Discuss and take possible action on Non-standard Service Agreement between ERHWSC and United States Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement for water treatment and delivery for the Port Isabel Detention Center.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Agreement between ERHWSC and Madeira Properties, Ltd., for Application of the Developer’s Credit to Reserve Service Charges.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Development Non-standard Water Service Agreement between ERHWSC and Casa Paredes L.P.
11. Discuss and take possible action to appoint an ERHWSC delegate and alternate delegate for the TRWA’s 50th Annual RuralWaterCon.
12. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project;
B. Kamstrup Meter Conversion;
C. ERHWSC Main Office Repairs and Rehabilitation;
D. Arroyo City Water Tower Rehabilitation project;
E. Ferris, Flinn, & Medina, LLC, record production status;
F. Tax exemption status from Cameron County Appraisal District;
G. City of Los Fresnos & Military Highway WSC CCN Exchange;
H. 1.0 million gallon elevated storage tank project status;
I. Phase II Wastewater Collection System project Change Order #3 status;
J. Palmas Wind, LLC water service investigation status;
K. ERHWSC Annual Membership Meeting April 2, 2019 at 7:00 PM.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 4:56 P.M., 03-08-2019.