BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
EAST RIO HONDO WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
July 6, 2020, 6:00 PM
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Public comment period. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item. Individuals wanting to provide public comment must sign up before the meeting begins. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees.
3. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve June 8, 2020 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited May 31, 2020 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of June 2020 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with significantly higher than average bills.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
B. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
C. South Texas Electric Cooperative encroachment on ERHWSC easement at intersection of FM 2925 & FM 106.
D. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claim filed by G. Portocarrero, former employee.
E. Inquiry for new service by SCI Texas Funeral Services for new building on Mont Meta Cemetery.
F. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to Cameron County Irrigation District Number Six.
5. Discuss and take possible action on items 4.A. - 4.F.
6. Discuss and take possible action on ERHWSC filing of Internal Revenue Service Form 990 for 2019.
7. Discuss and take possible action on proposals pertaining to compliance requirements for the America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018 which requires ERHWSC and North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation (NCRWSC) to conduct a Risk and Resiliency Assessment of the existing water systems infrastructure and update the ERHWSC and NCRWSC Emergency Response Plans.
8. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Non-Standard Water Service & Line Extension Agreement between ERHWSC and applicants for water service on Palma Lane in Bayview, Texas.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed License Agreement between ERHWSC and Christian Fellowship Church Harlingen, Texas, Inc.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed License Agreement between ERHWSC and Developer of Rancho “Los Pastores” Subdivision.
11. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
C. Phase II Wastewater Project;
D. Immigration Customs Enforcement, Port Isabel Detention Center, SCADA & Tower Project;
E. Drainage from property across Industrial Parkway from Main Office;
F. FM 1575 12” Line Extension Project;
G. Filter Rehabilitation Project, Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant (MASWTP);
H. Military Highway Water Supply Corporation CCN Exchange status;
I. North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation Well #2 operation;
J. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program status;
K. Wastewater discharge permit renewal status;
L. Emergency Wastewater Interconnect Agreement between ERHWSC and Harlingen Waterworks System;
M. Arroyo City Pump Station upgrade status;
N. Uniform Development Nonstandard Water Service Agreement with Elliot Roberts Ranches, Inc. and Las Palmas Wind, LLC;
O. Lease of Water Rights to North Alamo Water Supply Corporation and;
P. COVID-19 Update.
Video/Audio Conferencing Notice: Pursuant to the Governor Abbott’s Temporary Suspension of Open Meetings Laws issued on March 16, 2020, this meeting will be conducted via video conference and/or audio conference, which will be audible to the Board and public and allow for two-way communication. The Board President, presiding officer, and Board of Directors will not be physically present at one location. The public may access this meeting by visiting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84984433471 or by dialing, +1 346 248 7799, + 1 669 900 6833 , +1 301 715 8592, +1 312 626 6799 , +1 929 205 6099, or +1 253 215 8782 using Meeting ID: 849 8443 3471.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 6: 45 P.M., 07-02-2020.