BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
DECEMBER 9, 2019, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve November 11, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited October 31, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of November 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
B. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
C. South Texas Electric Cooperative encroachment on ERHWSC easement at intersection of FM 2925 & FM 106.
5. Discuss and take possible action on items 4.A, B, & C.
6. Discuss and take possible action on proposed ERHWSC 2020 Annual Budget and Capital Improvement Plan Schedule.
7. Discuss and take possible action on engagement agreement between ERHWSC and Denise Y. Almon, C.P.A. for consulting C.P.A. services including preparations for the 2018/2019 ERHWSC audit.
8. Discuss and take possible action on creation of Alternate Billing Agreement Setup Fee at $50.00 and increase of the Owner Notification Fee from $5 to $10 in ERHWSC Tariff Section G.
9. Discuss and take possible action to authorize Executive Committee Members and General Manager, Brian E. Macmanus, P.E. to execute any and all closing documents related to the refinancing of ERHWSC debt service for notes with less than 30 years remaining on term, financed via United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development and the Texas Water Development Board.
10. Discuss and take possible action on meter service fees paid by City of Los Fresnos for new service on property described in Document 2007-00025765, Volume 13821, Page 149, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
11. Discuss and take possible action on insurance for January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 for Property, Equipment Breakdown, Contractors Equipment, General Liability, Employee Benefits, Business Auto, Pollution Liability, Umbrella Liability, Excess Liability, Directors and Officers Liability, Workers Compensation, and Crime-Blanket Employee Dishonesty Coverage, and Cyber-Security.
12. Discuss and take possible action on acquisition of water rights from irrigation districts pertaining to 2017 – 2019 subdivision plat filings of land within the outer boundaries of an irrigation district.
13. Discuss and take possible action on modifications to Uniform Development Nonstandard Water Service Agreement with Elliot Roberts Ranches, Inc. and Las Palmas Wind, LLC.
14. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Secure Shredding Service Agreement between 3GS, LLC d/b/a Lonestar Shredding-Rio Grande Valley and ERHWSC.
15. Discuss and take possible action on Change Order Number One with Rhyner Construction Services, Inc. for sludge drain line adjustments and backwash supplement line upgrades for the Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant Filter Rehabilitation Project.
16. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Sewer Billing Agreements between ERHWSC and the following entities:
A. City of Los Fresnos
B. Town of Combes
C. Olmito Water Supply Corporation
17. Discuss and take possible action to revise the East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation Employee Policy Handbook to modify the policy pertaining to Vacations.
18. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
C. Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project;
D. Immigration Customs Enforcement, Port Isabel Detention Center, SCADA & Tower Project;
E. Line 26/Bean Road Transmission Line Project;
F. Theft of water service at Lot 4, Benandez Subdivision, Cameron County, Texas;
G. Water treatment plant sludge disposal permit status;
H. Arroyo City Water Tower Pump Station upgrade status;
I. Board Christmas party plans.
19. Executive session: 2019 Performance evaluation and compensation for General Manager, Brian E. Macmanus, P.E.
20. Discuss and take action on compensation for General Manager, Brian E. Macmanus, P.E.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 3:30 P.M., 12-06-2019.