BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
October 14, 2019, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve September 16, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited August 31, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of September 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to irrigation districts within ERHWSC’s service area.
B. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
C. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
D. Water Supply and Delivery Agreement with Military Highway Water Supply Corporation for Del Mar Heights.
E. Water Supply and Delivery Agreement with Town of Indian Lake.
5. Discuss and take possible action on items 4.A, B, C, D, & E.
6. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Master Agreement for Engineering Services between East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation and Halff Associates, Inc.
7. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Amendment No. 1 Master Agreement for Engineering Services with Halff Associates, Inc. regarding and upgrade of the waterlines to provide fire flow to Las Palmas Housing Development.
8. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Investigation Agreement with Cameron County Housing Authority for investigation of installation of fire line and fire hydrants for Las Palmas Development.
9. Discuss and take possible action on providing authorization to General Manager, Brian E. Macmanus, P.E., to execute any and all documents pertaining to the renewal of medical insurance for ERHWSC employees to be effective December 1, 2019.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Amendment No. 5 to the Master Agreement for Engineering with Garver, LLC pertaining to hourly on call professional engineering services.
11. Discuss and take possible action on refinancing ERHWSC debt service for notes with less than 30 years remaining on term, financed via United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development and the Texas Water Development Board.
12. Discuss and take possible action on Change Order Number One with Rhyner Construction Services, Inc. for sludge drain line adjustments and backwash supplement line upgrades for the Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant Filter Rehabilitation Project.
13. Appointment of Credentials Committee for 2020 election.
14. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
C. Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project;
D. Palmas Wind, LLC water service investigation status and associated easement acquisitions;
E. San Roman Rd. waterline extension;
F. Immigration Customs Enforcement, Port Isabel Detention Center, SCADA & Tower Project;
G. Line 26/Bean Road Transmission Line Project;
H. Theft of water service at Lot 4, Benandez Subdivision, Cameron County, Texas;
I. Water treatment plant sludge disposal site status;
J. Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) finding during annual inspection of ERHWSC-Arroyo City.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 12:25 P.M., 10-11-2019.